ENHANCED HEALTH & SAFETY
We're doing more each day, for everyone
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures at Pittsburgh Musical Theater - for our students, resident artists, patrons and staff. You must follow all instructions regarding drop-off and pick-up procedures as well as posted instructions while at the PMT Studios for classes and performances.
HYGIENE & SANITIZING STATIONS
- Healthy habits: Increased emphasis on hand washing and sanitizing to create a "culture" of cleanliness
- Ample supply: New soap dispensers in all restrooms
- Sanitizing stations: New hand sanitizer dispensers outside each studio & other common areas
- Open air environment: PMT's outdoor venue, The West End Canopy
- Stay in Your Spotlight! Physical distancing reminders added to high traffic areas
- Chair and place spacing: Action taken to promote physical distancing in the West End Canopy, classrooms, and common areas
- Unless you are taking a physically distant mask break or actively eating or drinking in a physically distant environment:
- Inside: All students, faculty, staff, and visitors to our facility during instructional hours must wear a mask when inside the building at this time.
- Outside: Anyone that is not vaccinated is required to wear a mask at all times when at the PMT facilities. Any person that has been fully vaccinated (PMT reserves the right to ask for proof of vaccination) may remove their mask in any of our outdoor settings.
- *Please view our Full Health & Safety Plan below for more
ENHANCED CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
- Accountability: Implementation of daily cleaning logs / checklists for each room
- High touch areas: Frequent cleaning of all door knobs, handrails, ballet bars, light switches, etc.
- Exemplary cleaners: All cleaning products used meet EPA & CDC guidelines for disinfecting against COVID-19 and other common bacteria and viral illnesses
- Healthy reminders: Informative & friendly signage throughout our building
- Stay aware: Keep our students, staff, and patrons informed of safe practices and behaviors
VENTILATION & AIR QUALITY
- Fresh-air movement: All rooms are efficiently ventilated and cleaned prior to daily use
- Elimination of pollutants: Brand new filters in our HVAC systems
- Optimal air circulation: All studios have new, added ventilation to increase airflow
- Germ killing lights: New UVC germicidal irradiation technology now in use throughout our building
We Are Trained & Prepared
- Enhanced training: All PMT Staff and Resident Artists have attended COVID-19 Procedures and Actions Plans training
- Heightened awareness: All PMT Staff and Resident Artists trained to recognize signs and symptoms, as well as trained on proper cleaning techniques and standards
- Eliminating the "What if's": Back up staffing plan created
- Ready: We've given our full attention and dedication to creating an efficient, detailed outline schedule for each day including cleaning practices, scheduling, and communications
- The next steps: Action plan in place for what to do if someone gets sick
- Seating: Outdoor seating under the West End Canopy will be adjusted accordingly for each event to enable appropriate physical distancing
- Smooth flow: Specified entryways and exists
- Space: Common areas have tables and chairs spaced for physical distancing
- Staggered scheduling: Student class schedule rotations prevent groups from crossing in hallways
- Digital check in: Sign in to classes and/or rehearsal is entirely contactless
- Temperature checks: PMT reserves the right to temperature screen any student, faculty, staff, or visitor to our facility that demonstrates potential signs of a communicable illness included, but not limited to a Covid type infection.
- Efficient, electronic communications: Communications between PMT Staff / Resident Artists and parents throughout the day conducted via smartphone app