Pittsburgh Musical Theater takes your safety very seriously, and has implemented additional measures to better assure the comfort and protection of all persons who visit or frequent the Gargaro Theater and the West End Canopy. The most critical issue to Pittsburgh Musical Theater is always the safety of our stakeholders; staff, volunteers, visitors, and guests. Our policies are meant to preserve that commitment to security.
- Oversized bags that exceed 16" x 16" x 8"
- Weapons of any kind or facsimiles of weapons, including firearms, pellet guns, stun guns, martial arts weapons, pepper spray, pocket/utility knives or cutting instruments
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Flammable liquids
- Fireworks, pyrotechnics, flares or incendiary devices
- Glass, metal, or plastic containers of any kind including cans, bottles and flasks
- Outside food or beverages including alcohol
- Interchangeable/detachable camera lens (No professional photography-unless authorized)
- Audio/visual recording devices
- 2 way radios
- Laser pointers
- Beach balls, projectiles, balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Signs, flags, banners
- Selfie sticks
- Guests without shoes or shirts
- Costume masks / masks that are not medical, or are not related to COVID-19 safety
- Face paints
- Optical illusions
- Jewelry that could be used as a weapon including chains and studded bracelets
- Pets, other than service animals
- Segways, skateboards, rollerblades, hoverboards, bicycles, helmets, any type of portable seat, other than those approved and required for accessibility
- Noisemakers, bullhorns, or air horns
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements
Unattended items left outside venue doors will be discarded to ensure guest safety.
This list is not all-inclusive and may change or be updated at any time without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.