A lifelong love of theater often starts with a school bus ride to see a student matinée performance at Pittsburgh Musical Theater. These matinées are the same professional productions staged for evening and weekend audiences. Student matinée performances begin at 10AM, and tickets are $12 each. For every 25 paid student tickets, 1 complimentary ticket is provided.
Registration for the 2019/2020 student matinÃ©es is no longer available. Please call our Box Office & Audience Services Manager, Amber Kocher to register:
We support student matinées with a range of resources that extend and deepen the theater experience and connect it to the classroom. These include:
- Educators' Guides / Student Activity Workbooks
- Post-show Q&A sessions with the actors
- All shows begin at 10:00 AM.
- The Byham Theater, The New Hazlett Theater, and The Gargaro Theater are wheelchair accessible. If you have children with special needs, please notify PMT when placing your order.
- Chaperones and bus drivers need to be included in your reservation count. All children, regardless of age, must purchase a ticket to attend the performance.
- PMT reserves the right to remove students who display inappropriate behavior.
- Backpacks, food and drink are not permitted in the theater. Performance information, participants, dates, times and prices are subject to change.
- Payment Policies: A non-refundable 50% deposit is due within 30 days of your ticket reservation. Final payment is due 30 days prior to the performance date. All payments are final. No refunds or exchanges.
There are no refunds for paid registrations. If your school is closed due to inclement weather on the day of your performance, PMT will make every effort to re-schedule your school for another matinée performance.
Pittsburgh Musical Theater is a