Education at PMT
The Richard E. Rauh Conservatory offers the finest training in the Pittsburgh area in dance, music, and theater. We are particularly proud of our educated, talented, and accomplished Resident Artists.
In the Teen, Pre-Teen and Broadway Jr. programs, students ages 4 - 18 have a unique and amazing opportunity to work in a professional environment with their peers. Their singing, acting and dancing skills develop in a disciplined classroom atmosphere. The students then test these skills in performance. The audience applause strengthens their self confidence and positively reinforces their hard work.
PMT's Pre-College Program has served as a pathway to Broadway, feature films, and University training. Graduates have matriculated at Yale, CMU, NYU, Boston Conservatory, Florida State University, Penn State, Point Park and many others.
Pittsburgh Musical Theater hosts open houses throughout the year, where you and your student can tour the facility, have questions answered, meet resident artists, and even take a few sample classes. Summer camp open houses will be announced soon. Please contact us to schedule a tour in the meantime!
Please feel free to browse our Academic Calendar. Additionally, Pittsburgh Musical Theater offers Online Registration. Currently enrolled students and their parents may be interested in our Current Student Information page.
Our Opportunities are Boundless
31,110 Pittsburgh Patrons have seen PMT students in Pittsburgh Musical Theater's 2014-2015 Record Breaking "One Sensational Season"
- 33 PMT Students performed in A Chorus Line at the Byham Theater in Pittsburgh's Cultural District
- 80 CAPA Students performed in A Chorus Line at the Byham Theater in Pittsburgh's Cultural District
- 102 PMT Students performed in A Lyrical Christmas Carol presented at the New Hazlett Theater in Pittsburgh's North Side
- 14 PMT Students performed in Disney's The Little Mermaid presented at the Byham Theater in Pittsburgh's Cultural District
- 12 PMT Students performed in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein presented at the Byham Theater in Pittsburgh's Cultural District
- 26 PMT Students performed in Peter Pan presented at the Byham Theater in Pittsburgh's Cultural District
- 35 PMT Students performed in Green Day's American Idiot presented at the Gargaro Theater in Pittsburgh's Historic West End
- 60 PMT Students performed in Legally Blonde presented at the New Hazlett Theater in Pittsburgh's North Side
- 40 PMT Students perform with PMT's Xtreme Teen Broadway as ambassadors for PMT at events all over Western Pennsylvania
- 25 PMT Students perform with the PMTweens as ambassadors for PMT at events all over Western Pennsylvania
- 12 PMT Students have worked side by side with our Technical, Artistic, and Design Professionals with our Main Stage and Conservatory Productions
All of us at Pittsburgh Musical Theater are proud and congratulate our students for their amazing accomplishments!
Where are they now?
The students of the Richard E. Rauh Conservatory go on to many different careers post-graduation. Our matriculation rate is consistently in the high 90% range. Here's a few of our past students, and what they have been doing:
Summer Musical Theater
Summer Musical Theater is a summer day camp for students ages 4 - 18 interested in singing, acting, and dancing.
Summer Masters Series
The Summer Masters Series is a one-week summer intensive program.
School Year Programs
Creative Learning Programs
Students, ages 4-7, engage in the basics of performance in a fun, no stress environment.
Preteens, ages 8-12, will begin to learn the skills leading them to be seasoned performers.
Teens, ages 13-18, undergo a more intensive training education, where they will polish the skills needed to be a seasoned performer.
Advanced Education Programs
These are intensive study programs in musical theater for students who plan to attend college with a major in the performing arts.
Continuing Education Programs
Adults wishing to take enrichment classes will want to check out our adult programs!