Education at PMT
The Richard E. Rauh Conservatory offers the finest training in the Pittsburgh area in dance, music, and theater for young artists ages 4 - 18, and tap classes for adults ages 21+. Classes are offered in fall, spring, and summer semesters.
In the Teen, Pre-Teen and Broadway Jr. programs, students have a unique and amazing opportunity to work in a professional environment with their peers. Their singing, acting and dancing skills develop in a disciplined classroom atmosphere. The students then test these skills in performance. The audience applause strengthens their self confidence and positively reinforces their hard work.
PMT's Advanced Education Programs, the Teen Performance Intensive Program and Pre-College Program have served as a pathways to Broadway, feature films, and University training. Graduates have matriculated at Yale, CMU, NYU, Boston Conservatory, Florida State University, Penn State, Point Park and many others.
Our Opportunities are Boundless
More than 47,700 Pittsburgh patrons saw PMT students in Pittsburgh Musical Theater's
2018 - 2019 "Seize the Stage" Season
- 71 PMT Students performed in PMT’s Collaborative Production of Annie presented at the Byham
- 83 CAPA Orchestra Students performed in PMT’s Collaborative Production of Annie presented at the Byham Theater
- 110 PMT Students performed in PMT’s Conservatory Production of A Lyrical Christmas Carol presented at the New Hazlett Theater
- 3 PMT Students performed in PMT’s Professional Production of In the Heights presented at the Gargaro Theater
- 2 PMT Students performed in PMT’s Professional Production of Nunsense the Mega Musical at the Gargaro Theater
- 35 PMT Students performed in PMT’s Conservatory Production of Chicago at the Gargaro Theater
- 77 PMT Students performed in PMT’s Conservatory Production of Fiddler on the Roof at the Gargaro Theater
- 11 PMT Students performed in PMT’s Professional Production of Disney’s Newsies at the Byham Theater
- 40 PMT Students perform with PMT’s Xtreme Teen Broadway as ambassadors for Pittsburgh Musical Theater at 15 events spanning across Western PA
- 45 PMT Students performed original productions through the Tales and Treats program at the Gargaro Theater
- 12 PMT Students have worked side by side with our Technical, Artistic and Design Professionals with our Professional and Conservatory Productions
- 87 PMT Students performed in PMT’s Conservatory Productions of Pippin, Mary Poppins, Dance Emphasis and The Ogre and the Donkey at the New Hazlett Theater
- 325 PMT Students performed in the Conservatory Music Theater Workshop performances on The Byham Theater and New Hazlett Theater stages
All of us at Pittsburgh Musical Theater are proud and congratulate our students for their amazing accomplishments!
The students of the Richard E. Rauh Conservatory go on to many different careers post-graduation.
Our matriculation rate is consistently in the high 90% range!
School Year Programs
Creative Learning Programs
Students, ages 4-7, engage in the basics of performance in a fun, no stress environment.
Preteens, ages 8-12, will begin to learn the skills leading them to be seasoned performers.
Teens, ages 13-18, undergo a more intensive training education, where they will polish the skills needed to be a seasoned performer.
Advanced Education Programs
These are intensive study programs in musical theater for students who plan to attend college with a major in the performing arts.
Summer Musical Theater
Summer Musical Theater is a summer day camp for students ages 4 - 18 interested in singing, acting, and dancing.
Continuing Education Programs
Adults wishing to take enrichment classes will want to check out our adult programs!
Pittsburgh Musical Theater is a