at Pittsburgh Musical Theater
The professional company performs Broadway shows at the Byham Theater in The Pittsburgh Cultural District and The Gargaro Theater in house at Pittsburgh Musical Theater. Season open auditions are held at our West End Studios in Pittsburgh.
2021-2022 Season Auditions
- Equity Principal Auditions
- Equity Chorus Call
- Non-Union Auditions
- First rehearsal: February 21, 2022
- Open: March 10, 2022
- Close: March 20, 2022
- First rehearsal: March 21, 2022
- Open: April 7, 2022
- Close: May 1, 2022
- Season auditions will be video submission ONLY*
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 7, 2021
- Please prepare two contrasting 32-bar cuts of musical theater repertoire and a one minute monologue (any genre).
- Actors may choose their own material, or use the provided accompaniment. Click here to access the accompaniment tracks.
- Local talent is given precedence
- Each show includes at least one, sometimes several 10:00am student matinée performances
*Callbacks will be held in-person late fall at Pittsburgh Musical Theater (Pittsburgh, PA)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pittsburgh Musical Theater holds a strong commitment to inclusive education, training, and outreach which drives our hiring process. We are committed to providing equal access to all employment practices and actions without discrimination based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, disability, veteran status or genetics.
- Persons with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Questions regarding our EEO policy can be directed to Malinda Hallett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only students of PMT Conservatory at Pittsburgh Musical Theater may audition for productions in the company's season.
- Any student under the age of 18 cast in Pittsburgh Musical Theater's professional company Main Stage season is cast directly out of PMT Conservatory.
- To schedule an audition, you must be a registered student. For more information refer to our Audition Information (Under 18).