Why Support Pittsburgh Musical Theater?

Giving to the PMT Fund is the best way to support Pittsburgh Musical Theater.

Each year, Conservatory tuition and ticket sales only cover 68% of our programming costs. We rely on the consistent, generous support of donors to help us fulfill our mission.

What kind of things will your gift to the PMT Fund help support?

Here are some examples from the past year:

Facilitating arts education for all.

$39,000 in tuition assistance and scholarships awarded to PMT students

Bringing the PMT Experience to communities throughout the region

Between our signature "Broadway at the Overlook" community event and the outreach performances of the PMT Superstar Squad, over 2,500 regional residents enjoyed free performances by PMT artists and students.

Mentoring and providing unique learning opportunities

150 students from PMT and CAPA participated in the collaborative production of The Little Mermaid at the Byham Theater in November under the guidance of PMT professional artists. 4,800 students and audience members enjoyed the production.

Making space for those who need it

PMT hosts 150 additional artists and students in the building weekly through partnerships with Confluence Ballet Company and Kulture Dance Academy, helping these smaller organizations thrive.

If you have questions about your gift or the PMT Fund, please contact Development Director Allison Hannon:


What is the PMT Fund?

The PMT Fund is a dedicated fund that supports the mission of Pittsburgh Musical Theater and PMT Conservatory. Gifts to the PMT Fund are put to immediate use - targeted to the top priorities and most pressing needs of our students, artists, and the community we serve.

What are PMT Fund gifts used for, and when?

Gifts to the PMT Fund are expended in the year they are received to address immediate, operating needs of the company and the conservatory. The fund helps to provide need-based scholarships, hire musicians and artists, purchase necessary equipment for classes and enhance production quality.

Why is it important to give every year?

Earned revenue from productions and tuition only covers 68% of our operating costs each year. Our fiscal year ends on June 30 and begins anew on July 1. Every year we depend on donor support to the PMT Fund to cover the remaining 32% of our operating expenses.


"By creating arts education opportunities for such a wide range of ages, PMT provides an unmatched sibling bonding experience. As a parent, there is no price you can put on that."
- PMT Parent

"We are happy to support Pittsburgh Musical Theater because it inspires and prepares youth from all over Pittsburgh to excel in musical theater through its caring teachers and staff. It's truly a family."
- PMT Donor

"I am in sales - I attribute my public speaking abilities and comfort in front of a room of people to my experience at PMT. Performing gave me stage presence and confidence I wouldn't have learned anywhere else."
- PMT Alumnus

"The programming that happens inside the building is amazing. Every day as resident artists we get to see students come out of their shells and learn about performing, and also well as grow as people through developing confidence and communication skills."
- PMT Resident Artist